Friday, January 30, 2009

Foggy Morning Flowers

Good morning everyone. It is a foggy morning, something we don't get very often. I grabbed the camera and headed outdoors. What I noticed while walking around is all the leaves on the ground and fried on plants. We had some really cold weather down here a week or so ago, and even though we did not get frost or freezing temps, with the wind chill factor it did a number on some things. Plus, we really need rain, which we are supposed to get some of in the next three days. I sure hope so. We are on water restrictions, so it's kind of tough keeping on top of what all needs watering.

We are expecting another bit of cold weather, with it supposed to be feeling like it's 28, so I'm sure there will be more leaves falling and plants striving to survive.



Azaleas





La Marne rose






Mother-of-Millions blooms







This is my favorite picture from this morning. It is of Old Blush climbing rose.






May your day be a good one.

FlowerLady




"Winter, a lingering season,

is a time to gather golden moments,

embark upon a sentimental journey,

and enjoy every idle hour."

John Boswell

6 comments:

Jan said...

Oh your blooms are gorgeous! The pinks just make me wish for spring even more than I have been! I don't even have a green tip poking through my soil yet!!!

Corner Gardener Sue said...

I hope your plants survive. I didn't know mother of millions bloomed. That is a pretty bloom. I have 2 kinds that I have outside in the summer, inside in the winter.

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Thank you Jan. Glad you got some spring inspiration. Pretty soon you'll be seeing things start to emerge, grow and bloom.

FlowerLady

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Hi Sue. I hope plants survive as well. We did NOT get the predicted rain yesterday. This morning is my watering time but I'll wait until it's lighter and a bit warmer to go out there and do it. It's COLD here this morning. I have 3 different kinds of kalanchoe and they all bloom. I didn't know mother-of-millions was a kalanchoe until recently. We have these in bloom all over the place right now. I love the color of these blooms.

FlowerLady

Marla said...

Your flowers are so pretty, I can't wait till spring. I love when all the flowers are starting to come up and the added plus of warmer weather.

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Good morning Marla ~ Glad you enjoyed some of my blooms. I think it would be refreshing and wonderful to watch the earth bring forth your gardens every spring. About the only thing that comes up around here is paperwhites, and hopefully with this cold weather we've been having, I'll also get some of the sweet smelling blooms. A friend of mine gave them to me and I put them in the garden to see what would happen. What a pleasant surprise when they bloomed the first time. This is s.e. FL so I didn't expect them to do anything.

Pretty soon spring will be there for you with blooming beauties and warmer weather.

Have a nice day ~ FlowerLady