Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Chrysler Imperial ~ part 2

Here is a picture I took today.
You can see how much more the flower has opened up.
The scent is a heavy and wonderful old rose perfume.
Just beautiful.

FlowerLady











When you take a flower in your hand and really look at it,

it's your world for the moment.

I want to give that world to
someone else.

Most people in the city rush around so,

they have no time to look at a flower.

I want them to see

it whether they want to or not.

Georgia O'Keeffe

6 comments:

Catherine@AGardenerinProgress said...

It opened beautifully! Thanks for sharing, we won't be seeing fresh roses here for several months. Enjoy it's scent :)

Corner Gardener Sue said...

Beautiful! Thanks for showing us!

Catherine@AGardenerinProgress said...

Haven't seen you on for awhile. Hope all is well!

Marla said...

Thanks for sharing the wonderful photos of your roses.

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Hi Catherine ~ It did open beautifully, and I certainly enjoyed the scent. All is well, I've just been busy with other things. One of which is adding recipes I've tried over the years into a family cookbook that will be printed shortly and we should have sometime in May.

Thanks Sue, it is a pleasure to share pics from my humble gardens.

Marla ~ You are quite welcome.

The rose is now a pile of petals in a basket in the bathroom.

FlowerLady

Terra said...

Oh, I love this rose, and can imagine its scent.
You are married even longer than us. We married in 1971.
I like your "screen name" of Flower Lady.