Monday, March 16, 2009

Space Shuttle



Last evening we went outside to do something and I turned around facing north, looked up and gasped, then yelled. There was the shuttle with a beautiful sunset colored tail. It was awesome, it was exciting. But alas, I did NOT have my camera on my neck, it was almost dark and we had forgotten about the launch anyway. There are no words to describe it. We watched until we could no longer see the shuttle with the sun glancing off of it.

How easy it is to miss glorious moments. How easy it is to experience them. Just like that. We had gone out to take a measurement and saw a wonderful sight. If we hadn't gotten the idea to go out and do some measuring we would have missed that experience.

Sorry there is no picture with this posting. The picture is in my mind.

Have a great day everyone. Be open to unexpected, wonderful experiences.

FlowerLady

7 comments:

Jean Campbell said...

I'm sorry you didn't have a camera. I was listening to a news account. They said the crew saw the sun set, saw the sun again and then saw the sun set again.

We need an implanted photo chip. I saw the first Tiger swallowtail today, on peach blossoms. By the time I got the camera, he was gone.

Kudzu said...

I was sitting on my porch listening to the rain falling on the metal roof, when I saw a bluebird land in a mud puddle and splash around. I didn't have my camera,either,lol!
But I dropped in on MissElaineous blog,love2junk,and she had photos of it!
kudzu

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Good morning. It really was a bummer to not have been ready for that photo experience.

Nell ~ I don't want any kind of chip implanted, but I know what you mean. With flying critters it is most definitely disappointing to go in for your camera, come back out and they are gone.

Kudzu ~ Sitting on the porch listening to rain falling on the metal roof, while watching a bluebird splash in a puddle, sounds so soothing.

Have a great day. We have much needed rain in the forecast for the next few days and I sure hope it happens.

FlowerLady

F Cameron said...

But, you got to enjoy the moment! Sometimes, I feel that I don't quite EXPERIENCE a moment when I'm trying to get a photo. To be able to just enjoy the moment is a wonderful thing.

Cheers,
Cameron

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Good morning Cameron ~ You are so right, to be able to enjoy the moment is a wonderful thing.

FlowerLady

Corner Gardener Sue said...

How awesome that you got to see the shuttle! What a moment to enjoy!

I saw my first butterfly of the year, a Monarch, flying to the parking lot at work. Even if I'd have had my camera, it was moving too fast for me to get a picture of it. I'm just tickled that I saw it!

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Good morning Sue ~ congrats on seeing your first butterfly of the season. They are such wonderful, beautiful creatures.

FlowerLady