Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Today's blooms



Good morning everyone. Hope you are all doing well. I'm sure many of you are really ready for spring to get here.

Our week or two of really cold weather burned plants so that leaves have fallen all over the place, but there are still blooms happening.

I've not been outside much with the cold weather, and now that it's nicer, I'm working at my job 4 days this week.

Being inside at home during the cold spell, I worked on a beaded embroidery piece. For those of you interested, the blog post can be found here

The first picture I can't remember the name of the plant, but the scent of this is sweetly wonderful. Can be a bit overwhelming if too many of these are in bloom at once though.


This I think is Old Blush.



This is Mother of Millions not quite blooming yet.
I'll take another picture when they buds are open.



This is Homere.



Blue sage




That's it for now.
I've got to start thinking about heading off to work.
Have a great day whatever you are doing.





Zone 10 ~ s.e. FL


10 comments:

tina said...

It is so nice to see so many beautiful blooms! You have a great day too.

Becca's Dirt said...

Girl it is so nice to see your blooms. They are beautiful. I'm ready for some pretties in my yard.

gld said...

That looks like my Old Blush rose.

I have had that rose since 1992! So far, no RRD. It has no fragrance though. Does yours?
It is also called "the last rose of summer" and it is. It is my first rose to bloom also with a scattering throughout the year.

It is nice to see some pretty color this time of year. At least the snow is gone and we can see some green now.

Noelle Johnson said...

Hello Flower Lady,

I always enjoy trips to your garden. Your roses are my favorite :-)

Catherine@AGardenerinProgress said...

I love to see your roses! I'm interested to see the Mother of Millions in bloom, not sure I've heard of them before.
Hope you had a good day at work :)

L. D. said...

Glad to see everything did survive it all. Those leaves will be back in a few weeks and you still have blooms.

sweetbay said...

The first flower looks very interesting. The second rose does look like Old Blush to me, although that one shows a lot of variability in the fullness and color of the flowers (the climber anyway), which is actually really nice! Homere is gorgeous, so full.

YayaOrchid said...

Aaaah, Flower Lady, you delight and charm us with your photos! Your roses are among the prettiest I have seen.

Annie said...

lovely flowers

Kit said...

Can't wait to see the Mother of Millions when she blooms!