Friday, April 30, 2010

A new day

Good morning Friends ~ We have somewhat gray skies to start the day, and have had a few sprinkles as well. Today and tomorrow I work at my part-time job, so will be having a break from working with our Etsy shop. Am having troubles with taking pictures of my pieces and having the color come out right. Really frustrating to say the least. Anyway, that's my problem, not yours.

Hope you all have a lovely day today and a great weekend.


This first picture is Plumeria against the morning sky.



Spicy Jatropha



Chrysler Imperial



Golden Sun



Pink Pet and Spiderwort



Our first Etsy piece, to jump in and break the ice,
while we still learn our way around.




*****************

Every morning is a fresh beginning.

Every day is the world made new.

Today is a new day.

Today is my world made new.

I have lived all my life up to this moment, to come to this day.

I shall make of this day--each moment of this day--a heaven on earth.

This is my day of opportunity."

~ Dan Custer ~


Zone 10 ~ s.e. FL

10 comments:

Floridagirl said...

Beautiful flowers! Oh, how I love plumeria! You are lucky that it doesn't get cold enough there to cut yours back. The 'Pink Pet' and spiderwort are so beautiful together. Good luck with your Etsy shop!

Unknown said...

Your flowers are lovely! I am hoping my plumeria make it. Got really cold in my makeshift greenhouse. Anyway - I will enjoy looking at yours.

Darla said...

Lovely blooms, the weather is a bit dreary here in North Florida today. It is very frustrating when the colors on the camera are not true to the subject being photographed...keep trying.

NanaK said...

Golden Sun is beautiful and the combination of Pink Pet with the Spiderwort is too. Your handwork is very nice. I wish you well in your shop endeavor.

sweetbay said...

Your flowers are looking just wonderful. I love your picture of the main garden -- the plants, the statuary, the bottle tree all go so well together. I am green with envy over your Confederate Jasmine.

Chloe m said...

Those creations for your Etsy shop are simply wonderful. I hope that it goes well for you.

Your flowers are spectacular...a feast for my eyes.

Sharon said...

You have some of the loveliest flowers. One day I hope to have as much of a variety as you have :)

Meems said...

Hope all is going better with the Etsy Shop. Setting anything like that up is usually time consuming but done correctly you'll be happy with it for the duration.

Wow... your Plumeria is already blooming. The photos today are so vibrant! I just dug up a huge Jatropha tree that took the freezes pretty hard. Replaced it with a bottlebrush ... won't have to think about losing it to cold.

Happy gardening, Meems

tina said...

That plumeria is stunning. I hope you work out the coloring on your photos. I get that sometimes too on the flowers. Cameras can be fickle indeed.

jerilanders said...

Ah, You have opened your shop, looks good! I wish you the very best of success. I do so love my little bird.