Thursday, November 11, 2010

Happy Veteran's Day

I want to say Happy Veteran's Day to all of our Veteran's.
Thank you for serving your country to keep us Free.

On this day, I enjoy fixing DH a special dinner, as he is a Veteran, having served 4 years in the US Navy at the end of the Vietnam war. We were blessed that he did not have to go to Vietnam.

For tonight's dinner, I am planning the menu, posted below. I've set the table and am getting things ready, as I've got to leave for work shortly.

I love cooking and look forward to fixing our special dinner tonight.

~ Menu ~

Margaritas
Toasted Mozzarella and Olive bites

Garlic Chicken with cilantro and lime
Served over Jasmine rice with a side of
corn with red onions, cumin, and garlic.






Zone 10 ~ s.e. FL

7 comments:

Morning Glories in Round Rock said...

Tell your husband Thank You! I think our veterans from the Vietnam era especially were not appreciated the way they should have been. I am thankful so many have been willing to serve our country.

Your menu sounds wonderful, and I love your table setting. The glassware looks like Candlewick--do you know if that is right? You do such a wonderful job of celebrating special occasions.

aims said...

The world would be a scary place without those who risked everything for us.

I just wish we gave them more than just one day a year to thank them for everything they have done for us. People just take their freedom for granted now. Veterans NEVER do! Thank him from me too Flowerlady. We owe them more than we give them.

Sandy said...

Coming from a military family I am always
ready to give thanks to our veterans.
I add your husband to those I give my
appreciation and thanks to.
Hope you enjoy the delicious sounding
dinner!

denimflyz said...

Thank you for your service DH to this country.
Enjoy your day.
Regards,

Denim

Becca's Dirt said...

Lovely setting. Sounds like a meal fit for a fine veteran. Happy Veterans Day.

BernieH said...

November 11 is Remembrance Day here in Australia ... a day when we stop at the 11th hour on the 11th day of the 11th month to remember the herculean hardships and sacrifices our veterans experienced and those who are serving today are still experiencing. One day I hope the lesson will be learned!

Mama Mess said...

I'm very thankful for the brave men and woman who make our country great! Wonderful that you do this for your man.