Tuesday, December 14, 2010

The Electric Rose Bush

Good evening Folks ~ I hope you all are enjoying this holiday season. It warmed up a tad today, and it's supposed to get warmer over the next few days so that by Saturday our high should be around 80. From one extreme to another for the month.

This piece below caught my eye for a picture or two tonight, so I thought I'd share it with you. It is on a tiny bit of hall way, in between the living room and our bedroom. The entry into bedroom is still a work in progress, as is the rest of our bedroom actually. That's the raw wood archway to the right in pictures. I am standing in the bathroom doorway. You can look through the living room on the left and see my little creative space beyond.

I bought this painted iron light many, many years ago when we were going to the local flea market to set up and also to buy. I saw this in someones' spot and couldn't believe it. I asked them how much and they said $12. I had $10 and asked them if they would take that and they did. I love it.

The old watercolor above it was also bought at the flea market, if I'm not mistaken, also many, many years ago. It was painted in 1893.

Click on pictures for a larger view.







Below I used the flash.





***

In the right light,

at the right time,

everything is extraordinary.

Aaron Rose

***


Zone 10 ~ s.e. FL


12 comments:

Darla said...

This so so pretty!

NanaK said...

What a beautiful combo in any light. You always find the best stuff! Keep warm.

Mama Mess said...

That is so lovely!

sweetbay said...

Beautiful! The light and painting are extraordinary finds!

gld said...

Both pieces are beautiful.

I agree you have the best stuff! You have a good eye for these things.....and it makes your cottage a special place.

Enjoy your warm weather. We are headed up toward 35° today.

Floridagirl said...

Love your electric rose bush! That piece is a steal for $10. I just love your homey cottage...the repeating archways are beautiful!

Val said...

This page has eaten my comment twice. Ahh, technology! So, let me try for the lucky third time. :)

Your home looks lovely and warm, FlowerLady--in ANY light. :)

I love the idea of the ornaments around the ceiling (and will have to steal that someday! Right now, our apartment's ceiling is about 13 feet above us, so there's just no reaching it!) and the coziness in general your home always exudes. I hope you and your husband have a wonderful holiday, even with all the crazy temperature changes. :) Here in Pittsburgh, it's just COLD every day now. :)

And I loved the hat in one of your last posts too. :)

Love,

Val

Vetsy said...

Love it! Merry Christmas to you and Family!

Nina Suria said...

You always pick a right things and put 'em in a right place. Love your iron light. I have something like that but it was ceiling light

Have a wonderful weekend dear

jerilanders said...

I love old fashioned rose pictures. I think it would also look nice amidst some of your embroidery work. The arched doorways are really special, is it a 1940's style home?

Gardener on Sherlock Street said...

You find the best things!

Jim Groble said...

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. jim and pat