Friday, August 5, 2011

Mountain Jam ~ Allman Brothers

Good morning Folks ~ This post won’t be for everyone, so this is a ‘warning’. DH and I enjoy lots of different kinds of music. Music makes our hearts sing and soar. This tune below is an old favorite of ours and we listened to it after dinner last night. It is an old rock and roll tune that just keeps going.

DH and I couldn’t help but to join in the jam. He grabbed one of his harmonicas and I grabbed the Hohner Melodica piano 26 and we had a blast.

Tork our indoor/outdoor feline, came in from her little sleeping spot in our bedroom and hung out with us. She is getting used to music of all kinds.

The bears below were already sitting on the back of our little sofa, I just moved them closer and put the two instruments in between. The little pillow with the bear on the left says it all, Give Thanks.

08-04-giving-thanksa



08-04-giving-thanks

If you decide to listen to this, turn your speakers up.










Music washes away from the soul

the dust of everyday life.

Berthold Auerbach

***

Have a great weekend,

blog-beige-sig

10 comments:

Shelly said...

Oh I love it! Thanks for sharing! :)

Amrita said...

Oh I love mountain music, I will listen, beautiful picture

Marti said...

I love the Allman Brothers too. Sounds like you had fun playing along with them.

Darla said...

I believe it is wonderful that you and your husband have so much fun together!

gld said...

I just listened to the Allman Brothers on Jango yesterday! I select the music I like, created a station and it plays while I work at the computer. I can't play any instruments but I do sing along with some of the songs.

I am currently really enjoying Ian Tyson from Canada.

Kit said...

It does my heart good to think of you and your love having a rollicking good time! Kit

Catherine@AGardenerinProgress said...

I just wish we could hear you and your husband jamming with them. It sounds like such a fun time. I love music of all types too and for me there's nothing like being alone in the car and turning it up and singing along. :)

Debi said...

One of my favorites. As a matter of fact, they play on my outdoor speakers as I garden this acreage. It keeps me moving. I love the Allman Brothers. Saw them in concert YEARS ago. My kids think I was a "hippie". Love it. So glad we have this music in common. Debi

Sissy said...

Doesn't that music just sound like summer? They are my hubby's favorites. I can just imagine you and your hubby jamming out like kids!
Have a great weekend!

Southern Lady said...

We like all kinds of music, too. There is nothing wrong with that! Carla