Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Homemade Pizza, Curbside Christmas Tree, Etsy sale :-)

Good afternoon Folks ~ It is Tuesday, partly cloudy, 83 degrees, but feels like it is 89, which is much cooler than it has been. There is a chance of rain. We did our errands this morning, had lunch, now I feel like a nap.

Last night I made homemade pizza for supper. We have half of it left for another night. I use my bread machine to make the dough for the crust. Two Italian sausage links are browned, broken into small pieces, sauce is 1 15 oz. can of tomato sauce, chopped onion and garlic browned in a bit of olive oil. Last night I added some chopped kale to the mix. I also used chopped fresh basil and Italian seasoning and let the sauce simmer for awhile.

Here are pictures. We love homemade pizza.

09-03-pizza

I add dried Italian seasoning, and garlic powder to the flour mixture for the crust.

09-03-pizza2

09-03-pizza3

09-03-pizza4

On the way home from doing errands this morning we stopped to look at some things curbside. While DH (dear husband) was across the street looking there, I saw in the review mirror the stuff behind me and spied a section of Christmas tree. I am a sucker for Christmas trees. I got out and walked back to look and it was a whole cute little funky Christmas tree and I had to take it.  It was calling me. Smile The trunk and the stand are made out of pine limbs, really neat. I’ve never seen one like it.  It’s sort of primitive. Anyway, it will be stored in the attic with the others.

09-04-found-chritsmas-tree

This morning I found out I had another sale on Etsy. A nice way to start today.

This is the miniature piece that sold.

Embroidered-saying-01

Embroidered-saying-01-b

Home is definitely where our hearts are, no matter the type of house, or what part of the world.

Enjoy your week ~ FlowerLady Lorraine

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm watching Etsy for a special piece. :-)

I always love reading about your curbside finds. I think that tree is adorable.

Have a great week.

eli

Gayle said...

Congratulations on the sale. Wish I had your heat because that would mean more summer. We are full-on into Fall and Winter could come tomorrow or in 6 weeks. We never know. I like the little tree as well.

Annie said...

I LOVE the look of your pizza! We like to make pizza at our place too. I used to make the dough when I had more time, but we generally just use the pita bread for bases. Windy here today

Jane said...

Congratulations on another sale, Rainey! Your pizza looks delicious.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi, Just wanted to drop by and say HELLO. It's been a busy week/month --and just gonna get busier.

Congrats on your sale... Love that little miniature piece...

Cute little Christmas Tree... I'll be watching to see what you do with it...

That pizza looks awesome. Makes me hungry.
Hugs,
Betsy

Sandra said...

That pizza looks so yummy :)

I love your tree, I would have grabbed it too, how cute.

Congratulations on your sale, what a cute piece :)

Mrs. Mac said...

That will make a cute tree for a porch decoration; a great find. Pizza looks inspiring and yummy! I'm in denial that summer is about over as my pepper plants need more time to grow. Have a blessed week.

tina said...

What a great idea to use your bread machine to make the dough. Never thought of that!

Sandy said...

Your sweet little tree brought a big smile as I looked at it. Kinda Charlie Brownish. I can almost smell your yummy looking pizza. And congrats on selling your darling little house piece on Etsy.
Have a lovely day.

Lynn said...

As usual when I leave here I will inspired, enriched and hungry. Congratulations on your sale and your tree, both charming. Happy Wednesday.

Becky said...

Congrats on your sale; it's a beautiful piece of needle work. And I love the little rustic tree.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

you find the neatest things curbside. not much in this area.
your pizza looks so good. with only me - there is too much to make.
love your little picture that sold.
have a good day....

Susan said...

Congrats on selling an item on Etsy...it's a very cute embroidered piece. Your homemade pizza looks yummy. I'm glad to see you made it through Isaac okay. Not to much rain up my way. Have a wonderful evening.