Saturday, May 18, 2013

Ribbon roses

I just had to try out one of my ribbons after supper and am happy with these roses. The size of this piece from one end of roses to the other in length is 3 inches by 1 3/4 inches high.  Now it’s time to go get horizontal and read for awhile. I’m done for the evening with this, have to give my hands and eyes a break.  Mark would like these. I was so happy making them, I just can’t explain it.  I was in here making happy noises, and I could almost hear him asking what I was up to, and I said, you’ll see in a minute. Just like always.

I am so thankful for the love and encouragement from Mark in so many areas of our life together.

05-18-ribbon-roses

Stitch your stress away. 

Author Unknown

Memories are stitched with love. 

Author Unknown

FlowerLady

17 comments:

Terra said...

Your ribbon roses are lovely and nice you feel the support.

Kit said...

Wow! Those are gorgeous! :) Kit

Sunray Gardens said...

That piece is so lovely! You did really wonderful work on it.
Cher Sunray Gardens

Diana Studer said...

those are lovely. The ribbon itself helps, but still you need the needle-skill and the concept in your mind, to bring the roses to glowing life!

Heather said...

Beautiful Lorraine.... and you hit some sweet deals yesterday at the garage sales! Cheers~

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Awesome, Lorraine. Love the Ribbon Roses... Just gorgeous. You are truly very very talented... Love your header and the reflection also.

Hugs,
Betsy

Jane said...

I'm so glad you had a nice day yesterday, Rainey! Such pretty needlework. Hope today is just as nice for you.

jerilanders said...

Rainey, I so love your ribbon embroidery, I would love to see these pieces of yours framed in tiny antique frames.What a lovely collection it would make on a mantle or a dresser.

Nancy J said...

Garage sales, wonderful finds for you, and the roses, perfect.Yes, Mark will be right there watching, his love sitting on your shoulder as you hum away while you stitch. Fond greetings, Jean.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Oh wow! This is so pretty. I can imagine Mark smiling when you are happy.

flowerlady said...

As usual a lovely blog,I wish I could also sit and watch you work I might learn to sew

Anonymous said...

These are just beautiful, FlowerLady. Makes me think of my Mom - she used to make some amazing ribbon roses.

Leslie Kimel said...

These are so pretty! Great work!

RURAL said...

Those are beauties....you do such fine work.

Are they the ones that are woven on the spider web design?

Jen

lil red hen said...

These are sooo pretty! I'd love to be able to make some like them.

Barbara Barth said...

I love the ribbon roses!

Georgianna said...

Your roses are beautiful, Lorraine. Just lovely. And I'm so glad that creating them was a happy experience for you.

Wishing you more of such pleasures in the coming week.

G