Saturday, August 2, 2014

Roses, real and ribbon, hurting widows and unkind words

 

Good evening Folks ~ It’s Saturday, right around 6:30 p.m. My heart is heavy, my eyes keep filling and overflowing. It’s that kind of day.  Thankfully these kind of days are not the norm.

My heart is burdened for widows that I’ve talked to in the last couple of days, who are missing their husbands dearly. One has been a widow for 5 years, one for almost three, one for around 7 I think, one for a little over a year.  There are other widows I know online and in real life that are going through the valley right now too   Our hearts ache with loneliness. There is an empty space in our lives where our husbands used to live. I don’t know what to say to ease their pain, I cry along with them and pray for them.  We do our best, taking each day as it comes trying to be brave, asking God to be our strength. We have decisions to make, we worry, we are growing through our pain. We will make it, it’s just that some days are harder than others.  Keep us in your prayers.

Here are some photos of the lovely rose ‘Granada’.

God’s beautiful creations help to soothe and to lighten hearts.

08-01-granada2

08-01-granada

08-01-granada3

08-01-granada4

08-01-granada5

Here are two more ribbon embroidery roses.

I ordered more ribbon yesterday morning as I’m running low. I really enjoy making these. Using the alcohol ink markers is fun too for coloring the ribbon. These are around 3 inches high.

07-31-heart1

07-31-heart3

This morning I was looking at Pinterest and got inspired to keep creating and to get pieces into my little Etsy shop, hoping they will sell to help supplement my income.

Soon after, I checked Blogger for comments and there were 4 new ones left in my FlowerLady’s Creations blog. All by the same person, and all nasty and hurtful! I deleted them and don’t even remember what they said, except for part of one and I won’t repeat it here. Needless to say, I felt like I was punched in the gut. I don’t know this person,  I checked and they do not have a blog. May God forgive them and may I not let their negative words discourage me from doing something I love doing.

Our words can wound or they can heal. They can break or they can mend. They can discourage or encourage. They can anger or they can spread joy.

Let us watch our words, let us be kind one to another. This world can be cruel at times. Let us not be cruel back.

Love and hugs ~ FlowerLady

6 comments:

Ruth Hiebert said...

Days that are filled with grief are harder than days filled with work.I love how you see the beauty around you,even on those trying days.The roses are gorgeous.I love the droplets on them.Your creations are exquisite.

denimflyz said...

Please do not let trolls hurt you. They are only unhappy souls who know nothing but to hurt others. I would suggest suppressing anonymous comments as I have had to do that. I was having someone cyber-stalking me.
Its been horrid here so I know about sickening days. I do not have the pain of losing someone, though I almost became a widow when D got hurt, it was that close. But his injuries are difficult and his brain function is not as it was so he has changed some. Your loss is through the heart as soul.
Healing blessings to you my dear friend, please do not get discouraged.
Love and Hugs
Denim

Unknown said...

Blessings to you and the beauty you bring us in your blog posts. My dad died 5 years ago and my mom finds every day extremely hard. You are an inspiration to many. XO~

M.K. said...

Dear friend -- there are some people out there in the world who are truly disordered (that's my mother's kind word to describe them). And I think it's a true term. Their minds are disturbed and they do not reason or feel normally. They are deeply broken. Sadly, our online world (which can bring joy) allows these people to speak anonymously to strangers and cause great hurt. Try to shake it off. Love you.

Maryann said...

Praying thank God will give you comfort and peace on those lonely days, I can only imagine how difficult it can be. We live in a broken world to be sure, please do not let those words discourage you...delete is the best plan of action when you get those kind of comments.
Blessings to you

Julie said...

I'm so sorry for your sorrow. It must be so hard sometimes. I can only imagine!

So sad someone would come to your blog and act so ugly. Consider that they don't dare show their face (no blog), so take it with a grain of salt. A coward.